Leinster youth Lake qualifier which was to be held on the 12th of May 2018 and the Venue will be is the Rathdrum Trout Angler’s Lake in Co. Wicklow has been postponed till further notice. This is due to a Garda vetting issue and will be resolved as soon as possible if you have any questions please contact our acting youth officer Mark Driver on 0860349273.
Updates will be posted here.
Leinster TAFI Senior Lake & Masters inc
Lough Owel, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath Sunday 15th April 2018 – registration @ Jack Dolan Shore @ 10.00am sharp
Competition on a basis of Two heaviest trout as bag limit. 14 inch limit to fork of tail .After that ON THE CARD Each will have a value of 681 grams or one& half pounds
Fee: 50.00 Euro for ANGLER 30 Euro BOATMAN to be sent to Brian Lynch (Hon Sec.) through respective club secretaries, which will be made up of 10.00 Euro Team Ireland, 10.00 Euro Restocking & 20.00 Euro Competition inc. Fishing times 11.00 am to 6.00 pm , Entry fee to be in by Monday 9 of April 2018 ( NO LATE ENTRIES)
Top Twenty Rods: to qualify for Inter Pro Lake – Top 6 rods to qualify for Masters lake
- The competition is based on TWO heaviest trout basis of bag limit. AND ON THE CARD AFTER THIS.
- A set of rules to be supplied on the morning of the competition to each competitor.
- Competitors entering the completion must be a member of a Leinster T.A.F.I affiliated club and must produce a current membership card for which angling club he/she represents
- Weigh in details will be announced on the mourning
- A draw will take place as partners in boat on the mourning. Anglers are responsible for providing their own boat. All anglers must hold a 2018 Midland Fisheries Group Permit Adult Annual 45 euro, Adult 1 day 20 euro , AOP Annual 25 euro
- Information contact Brian Lynch 087 9818187 or Pat Noonan 086 1096129
- Fee (Lake boatman 30 euro angler 50 euro,) (Masters boatman 30 euro angler 50 euro,) ( Lake & masters boatman 50 euro Lake & Masters angler 70 euro)
T.A.F.I. Leinster River Championship Qualifier 2018
Hosted by the Rathdrum Trout Anglers on the 6th of May 2018 on The Avonmore River.
- Register between 7am & 8am in The Rathdrum trout Anglers club house, Brewery Lane, Rathdrum town, Co Wicklow. (Using Google Maps – Enter – Rathdrum Trout Anglers, It will give you directions).
- Where some food, tea and coffee will be provided to the competitors and stewards arriving on the morning.
- Draw for beats at registration.
- Announcements to all anglers and stewards via rules and beats.
- Depart to first session at 8.30am with the beat marshals if competitors leave before this and get lost they will not be allowed extra time to complete their 3 hour session.
- Fishing from 10am to 1pm cards to be handed back by Stewarts to org committee at lunch and end of day.
- Lunch break and second score card handed out to controllers, please provide your own lunch, location will be announced on the morning of the comp.
- Depart for second session as soon as possible
- Fishing from 2.30 to 5.30(once there is no delay at lunch time).
- All score cards to be handed in by stewards to org committee
- Dinner at 6.30- 7
- Results and prizes at 7pm.
Point to note: in order to aid the club in running a good competition we will ask all anglers to be on time and when requested to assemble to do so, the day will be short and any time wasting will result in a later finish. We will ask you to be as prompt as possible finishing up on you beats after the morning session and to get to the lunchtime location as swiftly as possible.
All entries of 40 euros to be with Brendan Driver (Club Treasurer) 12 Kilgarron Park, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow by no later than 20th of April. This is to include Name of Angler, Stewart (18yrs+) and club you’re representing. For further information, please contact the Club secretary and Competition organiser, Mark Driver on 0860349273.
Day Tickets available in Tourist office (Square Rathdrum) and Avondale sports (Main Street), The Meetings of the Waters pub. Competition water will be closed one week prior to competition. However there will be some stretches of water available to practice on please contact Mark regarding this during the closed time frame for fishing before competition date.
T.A.F.I Leinster Lake Youths Qualifier
Leinster youth Lake qualifier will be held on the 12th of May 2018 and the Venue will be on the Rathdrum Trout Angler’s Lake in Co. Wicklow, kindly hosted by the Rathdrum Trout Anglers Chairman.
Entry fee: €20. Meeting at 10am to set up and register. Lake is in Glasnarget area outside Rathdrum Town. These are the area co-ordinates for the lake (52.938965, -6.216154). If you copy and paste these into Google or Google Maps they will give you directions to lake.
Fishing is from 11am – 4pm
Food, Results and Prize given will be after end of competition at the venue.
- All hooks must be Barbless.
- Only Maximum of 3 rods to be set up.
- Maximum 1 flie to be fished at any one time.
Entry fee to be given on the morning of the competition.
Name of Angler, their D.O.B. and their Club must be in by the 1st of May to Declan Conalain (0860483829). Any further information needed please contact Declan.
We look forward to seeing you there on the day
Huge congratulations to Team Leinster who wont the T.A.F.I National Bank Finals, which were held on Laois Angling Center last weekend. There was 6 team members from each province taking part and it was Munster’s Albert Adcock who took the individuals with Leinster’s Donal Monahan grabbing second and Leinster’s Sean Dempsey finishing off the top three places. Congrats to the rest of the Leinster team of Alan Lawless, Hubert Smith, John Kellegher and Rodger Fowler on a great team effort.
Well done all other teams with Ulster Fishing second and Connaught and Munster for joint third over all. Leinster TAFI would like to wish the team that qualified all the best in their future international Tournaments to come. We would like to congratulate Albert Adcock on his fine win. Thanks to all those who organised the competition and thanks to Laois Angling Center for allowing us once again to host our competitions on there great venue.
Here are the recent results from the Leinster Bank Qualifiers, which were held in Laois Angling Center. Leinster TAFI would like to Thank Laois Angling center for hosting the competition as and always providing great hospitality on the day.
Congratulations to all the anglers who qualified to compete in the TAFI Bank Nationals. The details of this competition will be posted here shortly. Congratulations to Donal Monahan on winning the competition on the day, and thanks to all the anglers who took part on the day.
- 1st Donal Monahan
- 2nd Rodger Fowler
- 3rd Sean Dempsey
- 4th Hubert Smith
- 5th Alan Lawless
- 6th John Kellegher
- 1st Reserve Shane Callan
- 2nd Reserve Frank Dempsey
- 3rd Reserve Joe Winder
Once again thanks to all those who took part on the day and to all who helped organise the event. Best of luck to the Leinster Team in the National Final.
Bank Senior Competition leinster qualifier Sunday 29 of Oct 2017
Venue Laois Angling Center Colrain Co Laois registration @ 9.15am Weather permitting Competition on catch & release basis-F.I.P.S Mouche Scoring Entry Fee: 40.00 Euro (All entries To be posted to Brian Lynch Hon. Secretary ) Closing date Monday 23rd of Oct 2017 no late entries. Please let Pat Noonan know who is attending for numbers etc. Anglers must be 18 years old or over on 1st of January 2017
Fishing times 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Top Six Rods: to qualify for Inter Pro – Venue to be decided.
Venue will be closed to anglers & their agents from Monday 23 of Oct 2017 to Saterday 28 Oct 2017 Inc
Note this is a new competition, your co-operation is important and is open to all seniors, Competitors must be T. A. F. I. affiliated, and must produce current club membership card of what club the competitor is fishing for (this is essential for insurance purposes and will be strictly adhered to).
Note: this competition is a qualifier for the year 2018
Any enquiries to Pat Noonan 086 1096129.
Brian Lynch Hon Sec 087 9818197 or 057 86 44076